Powers of Products and Quotients Exponent Rules Help Fun Game Tips:
- The power of a product such as (a3b2)4 simplifies to a12b8 .
Exponent rules cannot reduce a12b8 since the base 'a' is different from the base 'b'.
- The power of a quotient such as (a3/ b2)4 simplifies to a12/ b8 which is equivalent to a12b-8.
- In general, a power of a product (ambn)u simplifies to amubnu .
- In general, a power of a quotient (am/ bn)u simplifies to amu/ bnu which is equivalent to amub-nu.
- Here are three examples of using exponent rules to simplify powers:
(ky5)2 = k2y10
(r-5w4)3/ w2 = r-15w10
(32)/(2-1)3 = 32/ 2-3 which equals (32)(23) = (9)(8) = 72.
- Your Score Report appears after you have made 8 choices.
- Your Game Score is reduced by the number of star hits.
- To slow the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Slider.
- To increase the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Math.
- Speed can also be adjusted with a keyboard's - and + keys.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to restart the game.
- Adjust the sound level of media on your device.