Trigonometry Applications using Right Triangles & Ratios - Game Tips:
- This game provides practice with word problems that require the use of Sine, Cosine & Tangent.
- Note that for any acute angle 'A' in a right triangle, the primary Trig ratios are
sinA=(opposite/hypotenuse), cosA=(adjacent/hypotenuse), and tanA=(opposite/adjacent).
Memory Aid = soh,cah,toa .
- To find the required side in this game, form a ratio with the required side over the given side,
and name the resulting Trig ratio based on the given acute angle.
- Since the focus of this game is on choosing the correct Trig ratio for right triangle solutions,
the final step of using a calculator to work out a Trig ratio is not included here.
- Your Score Report appears after you have made 8 choices.
- Your Game Score is reduced by the number of butterfly hits.
- To slow the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Slider.
- To increase the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Math.
- Speed can also be adjusted with a keyboard's - and + keys.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to restart the game.
- Adjust the sound level of media on your device.