Trigonometry Applications using Right Triangles & Ratios - Game Tips:
- This game provides practice with word problems that require the use of Sine, Cosine & Tangent.
- Note that for any acute angle 'A' in a right triangle, the primary Trig ratios are
sinA=(opposite/hypotenuse), cosA=(adjacent/hypotenuse), and tanA=(opposite/adjacent).
Memory Aid = soh,cah,toa .
- To find the required side in this game, form a ratio with the required side over the given side,
and name the resulting Trig ratio based on the given acute angle.
- Since the focus of this game is on choosing the correct Trig ratio for right triangle solutions,
the final step of using a calculator to work out a Trig ratio is not included here.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.