Treasure Hunt Probability Samples Fun Monte Carlo Method Statistics Game Tips:
- You have a first and second chance (guess) for each of the 15 treasure hunts.
Your first choice will be indicated by a yellow bar.
The computer always opens an empty chest after you make your first guess.
Your second choice will be indicated by a green bar.
- Experiment with the chance of finding treasure by trying a single strategy for each complete game.
For example, you might never change a first choice, always change a first choice, or sometimes change.
- Your Success Rate appears in a score report at the end of each game after completing 15 treasure hunts.
The report includes a Change Rate to show how often a first choice was changed on the second guess.
- Finding the best strategy for your second guess may take practice. Repeat the game a few times.
Hint: Keep track of which Change Rates produce the best Success Rates.
- The method of collecting sample Change Rates to approximate the best probable Change Rate
for success in this game is an example of a Monte Carlo Method.
- Refresh/Reload the webpage to start over again.