Math Help - Vertex of Parabola Game - Use Maximum Point of Graph - Tips:
- A ball thrown upwards in still air follows an approximate parabolic arc.
- The curve h=-2(t-3)2+4 is a parabola that opens downwards and has a vertex at the point (3,4) .
- The curve h=3(t-4)2+20 is a parabola that opens upwards and has a vertex at the point (4,20) .
- The second degree (or quadratic) relation y=a(x-p)2+q represents a set of ordered pairs (x,y)
which form a parabolic shape having vertex (p,q) .
When 'a' is positive, the parabola opens upwards and the vertex is the lowest point.
When 'a' is negative, the parabola opens downwards and the vertex is the highest point.
Increasing the size of 'a', narrows the width of the mouth of the parabola.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.