Math Help - Subtract Fractions - Game Tips:
- The fraction 2/3 can be subtracted from 5/6 by first converting 2/3 into 4/6 .
Then you do the subtraction (5/6)-(4/6) to get the answer 1/6 .
- In order to subtract two fractions, you convert them to the same denominator (common denominator).
- You can convert a fraction by multiplying the top and bottom by the same number.
In the above example, 2/3 = (2x2)/(3x2) = 4/6.
- Another example: 5/6 - 1/4 = (5x4)/(6x4) - (6x1)/(6x4) = 20/24 - 6/24 = 14/24 which reduces to 7/12.
- The general rule is a/b - c/d = (ad-bc)/(bd) .
- Single denominators used in this game are less than 20. (Product denominators<300).
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.