Math Help - Divide Fractions - Game Tips:
- The number 8 divided by 2 equals 4 , because (2)(4)=8 in the first place.
- The number 8 divided by the fraction (1/2) equals 16 , because (1/2)(16)=8 .
- The fraction 2/3 divided by the fraction 1/2 equals 4/3 because (1/2)(4/3)=2/3 .
- A standard method to divide two proper fractions, is to multiply the first fraction
by the reciprocal of the second fraction. [The reciprocal of (c/d) is (d/c)] .
- For example, 1/4 divided by 2/5 = (1/4)(5/2) which equals the answer 5/8 .
- The general rule is (a/b)/(c/d) = (ad)/(bc) .
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.