Common Factor of a Trinomial Fun Game Tips:
- This game provides practice in finding a factor which is common to all three terms.
- Example 1: The trinomial expression (3w+6t-3) has the common factor (3).
When you factor the trinomial (3w+6t-3), the answer is 3w+6t-3 = 3(w+2t-1).
- Example 2: The trinomial expression (12w2+3w-6wt) has the common factor (3w).
When you factor the trinomial (12w2+3w-6wt), the answer is 12w2+3w-6wt = 3w(4w+1-2t).
Check your answer by distributing the factor (3w) times the factor (4w+1-2t) to get (12w2+3w-6wt) .
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Factors score is based on your choices only and does not count the helicopter hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of helicopter hits.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.