Math Help (+-) Slope = Rate of Change - Line Graphs Game L-CRD3 Tips:
- The slope (average rate of change) from a point P(-2,5) to a point Q(4,-1)
is calculated as the (rise)/(run) = ((-1)-(5))/(4-(-2)) = (-6)/(6) = -1.
If the run = 0, then the vertical slope is said to be undefined.
- Positive slopes rise to the right. Negative slopes rise to the left.
- The rate of change in a relation such as y=mx and its ordered pairs (x,y)
can be measured by the ratio = (change in y)/(change in x) = m .
Generally, the idea is that the average rate = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1) = m .
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.