Math Help - Slope = Rate of Change - Line Graph Game L-CRD2 Tips:
- Press the 't' key to see a graph that demonstrates the following example.
- The slope (average rate of change) from a point P(-2,-3) to a point Q(1,4)
is calculated as slope = (rise)divided by(run) = (change in y)/(change in x) = (4-(-3))/(1-(-2)) = (7)/(3).
- Press the 'y' key to restart the game.
- The rate of change in a relation such as y=mx and its ordered pairs (x,y)
can be measured by the ratio = (change in y)/(change in x) = m = slope.
Generally, the idea is that the average rate = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1) = m = slope.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.