Math Help - Graph Ordered Pairs - Game L-CRD1 Tips:
- Ordinary maps with directions East and North are examples of Math graphs.
- The centre of a map is called the origin (0,0) in Mathematics.
- Moving East 3 km, and North 4 km from a map's centre is the same as going from (0,0) to (3,4) in Math.
- The ordered pair (3,4) has x co-ordinate 3 and y co-ordinate 4 as measured from the origin.
- The order of the numbers in each ordered pair is crucial.
- The x co-ordinate is also called an abscissa, and the y co-ordinate is called an ordinate.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.