Direct Object of a Verb English Grammar & Literacy Game Help Tips:
- The verb of a sentence is the action word.
In the sample sentence 'The vaccine battles influenza.' the verb is 'battles'.
- The direct object of a verb in a sentence is the word that ...
a) receives the action of the verb.
In the sample sentence 'The vaccine battles influenza.' the direct object is 'influenza'.
b) shows the result of the verb action, even if the object was not previously present.
In the sample sentence 'The chemist discovered a new element.' the direct object is 'element'.
- A sentence such as 'Bacteria grow rapidly.' has no direct object.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Grammar score is based on your choices only and does not count the snowflake hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of snowflake hits.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
Back to SliderMath.com