Substitution for Variables in Expressions - Hockey Theme - Game Tips:
- Get 5 correct answers and see the substitute skater !
- The word 'expression' in Mathematics has a very general meaning.
An expression can be any mathematical form using symbols. For example: (y+5)
- The expression (y+5) uses the variable 'y'.
The variable 'y' is a 'place holder' or symbol representing a member of a set.
- In this game, a variable such as 'y' represents a number from the whole number set.
- The focus of this game is to substitute the number value of a variable, such as y=7
into an expression containing the variable, such as (y+5)
in order to evaluate the expression. In this case it's (7+5) = 12.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.
Back to SliderMath.com