Solve Equations of Type: ay = b, y/a = b Math Help Fun Game Tips:
- An equation has an equal sign '=' between its left side and right side. Example: 6y=42
Finding the answer to an equation, is called solving the equation.
To solve 6y=42, you need to isolate the variable y by itself on one side of the equation.
- For an equation such as 6y=42, the answer y=7 is the value of the variable y that satisfies the equation.
To satisfy an equation means to make its left side value equal its right side value.
When you check the answer y=7, the left side value of 6y evaluates as 6 times y = 6 times 7 = 42.
When you check the right side value of 6y=42, it is already 42 with no evaluation work needed.
- The answer y=7 that satisfies the equation 6y=42 can be called the solution or root of the equation.
- When solving an equation, you treat both its left side and its right side equally.
For example, if you divide the left side of 6y=42 by 6, then you also divide the right side by 6.
To solve 6y=42, a complete solution includes the step 6y/6=42/6 before writing the final step y=7.
Notice that to remove 6 from 6y, you use the inverse of multiplication, namely division.
- Similarly, the standard method for solving an equation such as w/8 = 3 to find the value of w
is to show the step (w/8)x8 = 3x8 before stating the final answer w=24.
Notice that to remove the 8 from w/8, you use the inverse of dividing by 8, namely multiplying by 8.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Equation score is based on your choices only and does not count the parrot hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of parrot hits.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.