Solve Equations of Type: y+a=b, a+y=b, y-a=b Math Help Fun Game Tips:
- An equation has an equal sign '=' between its left side and right side. Example: y+7=19
Finding the answer to an equation is called solving the equation.
To solve y+7=19, you need to isolate the variable y by itself on one side of the equation.
- For an equation such as y+7=19, the answer y=12 is the value of the variable y that satisfies the equation.
To satisfy an equation means to make its left side value equal its right side value.
When you check the answer y=12, the left side value of y+7 evaluates as 12+7 = 19.
When you check the right side value of y+7=19, it is already 19 with no evaluation work needed.
- The answer y=12 that satisfies the equation y+7=19 can be called the solution or root of the equation.
- When solving an equation, you treat both its left side and its right side equally.
For example, if you subtract 7 from the left side of y+7=19, then you also subtract 7 from the right side.
To solve y+7=19, a complete solution includes the step y+7-7=19-7 before writing the final step y=12.
Notice that to remove +7 from y+7, you use the inverse of addition, namely subtraction.
- Similarly, the standard method for solving an equation such as w-8 = 20 to find the value of w
is to use the step w-8+8 = 20+8 before stating the final answer w=28.
Notice that to remove -8 from w-8, you use the inverse of subtracting 8, namely adding 8 to each side.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Equation score is based on your choices only and does not count the parrot hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of parrot hits.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.