Solve Equations of Type: y+a=b, a+y=b, y-a=b Math Help Fun Game Tips:
An equation has an equal sign '=' between its left side and right side. Example: y+7=19
Finding the answer to an equation is called solving the equation.
To solve y+7=19, you need to isolate the variable y by itself on one side of the equation.
For an equation y+7=19, the answer y=12 is the value of the variable y that satisfies the equation.
To satisfy an equation means to make its left side value equal its right side value.
When you check the answer y=12, the left side value of y+7 evaluates as 12+7 = 19.
When you check the right side value of y+7=19, it is already 19 with no evaluation work needed.
The answer y=12 that satisfies the equation y+7=19 can be called the solution or root of the equation.
When solving an equation, you treat both its left side and its right side equally.
For eg: if you subtract 7 from the left side of y+7=19, then you also subtract 7 from the right side.
To solve y+7=19, a complete solution includes the step y+7-7=19-7 before writing the final step y=12.
Notice that to remove +7 from y+7, you use the inverse of addition, namely subtraction.
Similarly, the standard method for solving an equation such as w-8 = 20 to find the value of w
is to use the step w-8+8 = 20+8 before stating the final answer w=28.
Notice that to remove -8 from w-8, you use the inverse of subtracting 8, namely adding 8 to each side.
- Your Score Report appears after you have made 10 choices.
- Your Game Score is reduced by the number of parrot hits.
- To slow the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Slider.
- To increase the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Math.
- Speed can also be adjusted with a keyboard's - and + keys.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to restart the game.
- Adjust the sound level of media on your device.