Derivative Quotient Rule Practice Math Help Fun Game Tips:
- The derivative Quotient Rule is used on the quotient of two relations such as y=u/v.
In general, the Quotient Rule states that the derivative of the function y=u/v is y' = [vu'-uv'] / [v2].
- For example, the unsimplified derivative of y=[x3]/[x5+x2] is y' = [(x5+x2)(3x2)-(x3)(5x4+2x)] / [(x5+x2)2].
- This game uses the Quotient Rule dy/dx = [v(du/dx)-u(dv/dx)] / [v2]
Note that the symbols dy/dx, y' and f'(x) all represent the same derivative of y=f(x).
- Example 2: the unsimplified derivative of y=[x4] / [x3-x6] is y' = [(x3-x6)(4x3)-(x4)(3x2-6x5)] / [(x3-x6)2].
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Math score is based on your choices only and does not count the snowflake hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of snowflake hits.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.
- Refresh/Reload the webpage to start over again.