Derivative Sum Rule Practice with Powers Math Help Fun Game Tips:
- The derivative Sum Rule is used on a sum of terms such as y = u + v.
In general, the Sum Rule states that the derivative of the sum function y = u + v is y' = u' + v'.
This rule also includes the derivative of the function y = u - v , namely y' = u' - v'.
- For example, the derivative of y = (x3 + x5) is y' = (3x2) + (5x4).
- The derivative of y = (2x3 + x-5) is y' = 6x2 - 5x-6.
- This game also uses the following two rules:
1) The Power Rule for y=xn yields the derivative dy/dx = nxn-1.
For example, the derivatives of y=x4 and s(t)=t-4 are respectively dy/dx=4x3 and s'(t)=-4t-5.
2) The derivative rule for a Constant times a Function such as y=cu yields the derivative
dy/dx = c(du/dx).
For example, the derivative of y=8x4 is y'=32x3.
- Note that the three symbols dy/dx, y' and f '(x) all represent the same derivative of y=f(x).
- Your Score Report appears after you have made 8 choices.
- Your Game Score is reduced by the number of butterfly hits.
- To slow the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Slider.
- To increase the game speed repeat tap/click on the word Math.
- Speed can also be adjusted with a keyboard's - and + keys.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to restart the game.
- Adjust the sound level of media on your device.